Sunday, May 29, 2011

custom cakes and goodies: baby shower and star wars


Hello kids, just a quick update on what I've been up to lately. I had a lot of fun making these cakes for some friends. First up is a deliciously geeky Star Wars Lego cake for the biggest Lego fan I have ever known. I wasn't really sure how the little guys were going to turn out but they looked pretty good in the end. Though their hands were kind of a pain to make...so small!


It took me a couple of tries to get little Darth's head right, but somehow it didn't seem to even matter to the birthday boy because it was eaten up in 2.5 seconds. I guess that's a good thing! I cut this recipe in half for a 6" layer cake and filled it with chocolate buttercream.

I also made a cute baby shower cake where the theme was ducks with yellow and green colours. I love the baby's face and the tiny bottle! The cake was lemon with whipped cream filling and fresh raspberries.


Can't wait to show you more new cakes!

4 comments:

  1. The shower cake was SUCH a success! Everyone there was really REALLY impressed! They even saved the baby! You did such a lovely job, thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. darth vader. creation: 2 hours. destruction: 2 seconds in matthew's hands. this was the best cake ever.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...