easter bunny carrot cake


Yes, I realize that this is a little late now, but I just had to write a mini post and show you the cute little easter bunny cake that I made this passed weekend. I love the delicate pastel colours and the bunny hiding in the tulips.

I made a super moist carrot cake with a tangy lime cream cheese filling. I doubled the carrot cupcake recipe (click here) that I made last year and baked it in two 6" cake pans, increasing the baking time to about 40 minutes.

cream cheese icing

12 oz (375 g) cream cheese
1 stick unsalted butter, softened
1 1/4 cups icing sugar
1 - 2 tbsp fresh lime juice

Beat the cream cheese and butter with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add icing sugar gradually and add lime juice to taste. You can also substitute the lime juice for 1 tsp of vanilla extract. This yields enough to ice a 6" cake with 3 layers.

I hope you all had a lovely weekend filled with sunshine and chocolate!

Comments

Popular Posts