roses and petals: a wedding cake


Can you believe that summer is almost coming to an end? As much as I'll be looking forward to autumn, I'm not ready yet! I haven't worn my skirts and dresses nearly enough and I've only been to the beach once. It's hard to believe how quickly this summer has gone by. It's been very busy but definitely a fun summer. I've had the opportunity to make quite a few different designs for cakes and cupcakes, some of which required a bit of sculpting for the first time. 

I must say that I can never get tired of pink. It's unapologetically girly, but I think it is underestimated in its strength. Pink is vibrant, powerful and always stunning. It has always been one of my favorite colours, whether pale or dark, and I love the look it gave to my hand-made roses.

   


I'm really quite happy with this cake in the end. I think the petals add a whimsical and almost magical touch to this romantic look, while still remaining simple. Inside was a vanilla cake with layers of lemon curd and vanilla buttercream with wild blueberries. Most certainly fit for an elegant summer wedding. 

I hope that you are all enjoying your summer, or at least what's left of it. I still plan on:

swimming at least a couple of more times
eating more ice cream than my stomach can handle
finishing the book I've been reading for ages and at least one more
relaxing
sightseeing
picking vegetables from my garden
and most certainly, baking.

What's your end of summer list?

Thoughts and comments are always welcome. See you all soon!



Comments

Popular Posts